Monday, July 20, 2009

Things I love and miss; him, places, her, and now


I read a post by Gala that made my heart all fuzzy, then I read all the cute stories that people wrote about their memories of love. When it got to my turn to write mine, the page informed me that the post was too old to comment on.
So here are my memories.

Him, places and her

Emailing all day every day, wake up phone calls cause I'm too sleepy to notice my alarm, resting against him on the train in the morning on the way to work, bagels that say 'I'm sorry', the smell of caramel as you walk up the stairs, cleaning the house and stopping cause you just cant resist him anymore, IKEA, feeling so small and safe in his arms, walking sausage dogs and people asking to pat them, "Young Lady", the smell of freshly photocopied paper, leaving work early and getting Starbucks, emailing the girls, getting lost on lunch breaks, laughing when no one is looking, opening mail and pretending its all for you, touch typing love letters you'll never send, stealing strange office supplies, rubber bands and paperclips, the comfiest futon ever, Penny being my pillow, watching Japanese dramas, when she forgets I don't speak Japanese, "It's gonna be alright" hugs, getting expensive drinks at posh bars, playing dress up, Shiraz, ice cream and terrible romance movies, crying over amazing romance movies, massive cook ups, talking about the future, her laugh -- unforgettable, kissing on the lips, smuggling Penny into the cinema, her face when she looks at her Prada, our excuses for boys being retarded, meeting new friends together, planning weddings with boys we haven't met yet.

Now

Screaming over loud music, forgetting his name, pretending we're not falling in love, his big smile that makes me smile, squishing his face to wake him up for work, forgetting our first kiss and remembering our anniversary, chain smoking when your flight is delayed, when you finally got to the airport, jumping on you to say hello, when you finally say you love me, when I have the courage to say it back, driving with you in your brothers car, arguing over its name (its a pig, damnit!), when you throw me over your shoulder and carry me around, being weak but you making me feel strong, downloading silly cartoons and watching them, cleaning your room then seeing how long it takes for you to trash it again, not knowing who's snoring louder, you or the garbage truck (or Quiqueg), Getting jealous of the dogs getting the first 'Hello' then getting the mushiest, how honest we are even though it could hurt, cooking Internet recipes and getting them right, falling asleep while watching cartoons, reading horoscopes for both of us, watching Titanic with her and being looked at funny for crying for most of it, having matching straighteners, intimate girly talks about EVERYTHING, sharing books, drinking extra lemon-ey tea, being more romantic with each other than we are with our boyfriends, feeding her with chopsticks, holding hands while we ice skate and doing each others hair.

What are your stories?

xo-xo

No comments: