Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bonjour mon amor!

Coco Rocha goes Vermeer
(I loved this photograph so much I thought I'd share it with all of you!)

Its been a while since I've written anything. The truth is since I moved cities I haven't found anything here motivating or inspiring enough to write about! So I decided to treat myself to a 12 month subscription to Vogue! How exciting.. Slowly but surely I am getting my inspiration back.. Ordering things online has been a real life saver too. I would like to thank my credit card. I also have a new man in my life. He's pretty fun and V. optimistic, so I have some perspective when I get homesick.

I LOVE SHOES!
I found myself a book on the net on how to make my own shoes.. I'm still tossing up whether to buy it or not (Which means can I be bothered slaving over a hot glue gun..) I'm pretty sure in the end I'll say yes, as always. Who could resist a pair of one off pumps?! Not to mention I love having new books to read.. I have also taken to gluing myself to the fashion channel as often as I get to sit in front of the TV without anyone else dictating the remote, not as often as I'd hope as I'm staying with family. (I'm so in love with Balmain shoes right now. P.s where's my invite to the Tribute to Movies Moet Fashion gala?) Hrmph..

On other news; I am nurturing my hate of Megan Fox with the new Transformers movie out. Well, ANY woman in that movie.. If you want a complex about your weight or looks, look no further than Megan Fox. I'm just glad she's as vapid as she is. "Best visual movie". *sigh* At least Isabel Lucas has some depth to her, as per her interview in Vogue August 09. Another thing I like about her is that she actually has some body mass. Its beautifully refreshing.

Now enough about models and actresses with legs up to their eyeballs. Its time for my Mid Winter 'things I love'!!!

Black and white photography
You cant deny the fact that black and white photography is amazing.. Something about it pulls you in and makes you think. The textures become alive and give you a sense of what life is like on the other side of the lens. I love it this Winter because its grit and attitude is reminiscent of snow.
Shoe Architecture
This Winter I am finding more and more shoes are looking less and less wearable and more like sculptures you'd see in a gallery. I love this. LOVE it. Shoes are my life and I am thrilled with the beautiful designs I am seeing this Season. Well done designers. Thank you for making the wedge wearable.



Hair Pulled to one side
Lately I have been pulling my mess of curly hair to the side with a flamboyant clip and loving the tres elegant (but easy to achieve) look you get from it. Pull it back with a decorative pin and scrunch those curls ladies! It is divine. You can also throw in a quiff and some extra hair pins for a more dressy look.
Prague
I have been entertaining the idea of going to Prague for some time now.. It is such a beautiful place and seems so relaxing! While browsing my facebook the other day an ad poped up for apartments for holiday rent! Coincidence? Maybe not!
Bueno!
Yum. That is all.
That may be all for my 'things I love' this time around, but you and I have some catching up to do!

Recently I have found a couple of things that are a must for the dedicated shopper. First things first. A credit or debit card. The internet holds a lot more than your mall so be ready to whip out the plastic for an amazing pair of earrings on ebay or a couture blouse.

Next you need the websites. Ebay is a given, with people selling old and new things left right and centre!
Also see these sites for some amazing buys.


Not to mention google image some random words along with pieces of clothing (i.e. shoes 09 love) and see what results you get! You could find an untapped source for amazing clothing and designs.

Hope you're doing well ladies! The writers block is over!

xo-xo

No comments: