Monday, July 13, 2009

Mecca Love!


Last week when shopping with a friend, I found myself in a luxe make up and skin care store. The girls were friendly and it smelled amazing. They even let me bring Penny into the store! After a walk around and a chat about the best thing for dry skin, they bestow upon me, a D.I.Y spa kit sample. 'Oh Joy!' I thought, as I stuffed the little silver packet holding tubs of this and that into my hand bag.

Later on after a nap to recover from spending big, I opened up the little silver packet and sorted through my freebies. There was a 'how-to' book, hair treatment, luxe hand cream and a foot scrub. I thought to myself, "Time for a mani-pedi!" and looked through the little book on what to do next..

First, mini-mani 'cure'

As per the instructions; I reshaped my nails to a 'square-oval' shape, to 'elongate the fingers'. Next I applied the 'Velvet Glove' Hand cream and massaged it into my hands and nails. I then pushed back my cuticles and gave my nails a once over with a nail buff, then gave them a generous spray with Nutrimetics 'Nutri-rich body satin apricot kernel oil' and voila! Soft beautiful hands and it only took 5 minutes.

Next was the pedi 'cure'

To prep my feet I got rid of the chipped black nail polish and cut my nails into the same square oval shape and gave them a good buffing. Next I headed to the bathroom and soaked my tootsies in warm water for a little while before scrubbing the whole foot down with 'Barefoot Beauty' Foot Polishing Scrub. I left it for a minute or so then gently rinsed them off and padded them dry.
I then headed back to my bedroom and broke out my favorite body butter and covered my feet in it, massaging it into the dry parts and cuticles. I used Brazil Nut Butter from the Body Shop, it smelled amazing. I then went over the nails again with the buff and filed the edges nice and smooth!

For the next half hour I paraded around the house beaming at my amazing job and bragging about my new yummy products.

Check out the Mecca Cosmetica website for some awesome products that work amazingly!

Ourevoir Ladies!

xo-xo

No comments: