Monday, December 1, 2008

My First Blog!

After much 'umm-ing' and 'ahh-ing' I decided I should try and make a blog. I'm not much of a writer but being short and having a big mouth I do have a lot to say.

So without further a due, I introduce myself as Lorena. 5'1, Legal Secretary and self appointed beautician to my dachshund Penny.

I moved to Melbourne from Adelaide about 5 months ago, it could be 6 but I couldn’t remember for the life of me as the last year has gone by so fast I didn’t even have time to take advantage of the sale price on a certain pair of Marc Jacob boots or ask for directions to the bathroom. Needless to say this year has taught me a lot about who I am and what I'm capable of doing. Moving 750 kilometers east of my home town with nothing but a Lonsdale gym bag full of clothes and $1200, I now find myself living walking distance from what I consider my savior (Melbourne city), being proud owner of a 'daxie' named Penelope (or Penny) and having a job I love!

I don't have hobbies, though a pon closer inspection I probably do, but as you will learn throughout this blog, I am a relatively lazy girl. What I do 'do' is wear heels till my feet are sore and puffy, I bitch more than I probably should, and I shop. I looove to shop. Though I'm sure this isn’t a surprise to anyone reading this what so ever. But what I like to shop for is labels. Even on my piddly trainee salary, I'll window shop if I have to. Give me Louis Vutton and Prada over Supre and MissShop any day. This habit of mine has gotten me into many sulky 'I have no money' nights involving Sex and the City marathons and surfing net-a-porter with a box of tissues. Well, maybe not that bad. But this girl does love labels. What I found does help my addiction is a good budget and willingness to eat packet noodles so my puppy has an inscribed LV collar and I have my Soft Calf Prada. Which happen to be two things on my "Must have list" which is currently being ticket off slowly but surely.

And its not just labels. No, its more than that. There's boys too. Oh dear. Boys, men and other variations on the opposite sex. How they intrigue me. Some of them should come with Man-uals!

So this is me. The 5'1 girl.

Stay tuned!

oxox

No comments: