Monday, March 15, 2010

Food for Thought - The thing stopping me from exploding

Yum.

Amidst all my preparations I am finding it hard to get any inspiration to write. My head feels like its literally about to explode. Though that could be due to me wearing power hair for the last week, it doesn't excuse my lack of communication. I apologise to you girls for this. Who knew weddings took so much planning? And don't even get me started on the engagement party. Nightmare. I have possibly become one of those mythical 'Bridezillas' that you see on the lifestyle channel, but as Himself has pointed out, he knew this when he asked me to marry him. So no surprises there.


I am currently battling to keep my life from becoming an Everybody Loves Raymond re-run and not to mention not being able to get a damn thing done because no one is coming with me to give me another opinion. *coughs and glares at bridal party* You too groom-ey!

I wish it was this easy.


I even tried to get a massage to relax me, but when the ring comes off I seem to be free game for even the massage therapists (yes. I was actually GROPED by one) so that didn't help. I do have someone on my side though. My dear Mother. She is a totally amazing woman. (She also sports an amazing NYC taxi whistle, perfect for the city..) She has pretty much held my hand through all the crap that's happening at the moment. *raises glass* Here's to you Angel! Now I just need to start working on the registry and the guest list.. Oh no.. My brain! Its gone again.


Anyway. Enough about me!

Well, maybe a little more... I found some awesome cakes that have come into consideration for the engagement party, they have also temporarily halted my drift into insanity. You should try it! Looking at cakes is surprisingly relaxing. Especially when you have something, ANYTHING you want to plan (wedding, birthday, charity gala, baby shower etc..), it really gets the creative juices flowing! Plus you don't have to think about all those stupid costs and lists and other garb that isn't any fun to plan.

My cake must feed 110 people, so god knows its gotta be a huge one. I didn't even know there were that many people that knew Himself and Myself were engaged! And just so you know.. That's the minimum. *dies*

"Darliiiing!! Cant we just elope?!"


Apparently not.


Enjoy the delicious goodness.

So pretty!

Gawsh this'd make a girl grin on her wedding day wouldn't it.

This one is amazing!


Alice in Wonderland Themes!


Beatrix Potter, tailor of Gloucester hand painted cake.
Its amazing that I found these amazing cakes on Cake Wrecks! They're so perfect! What kind of cake would you like at your wedding?

xo-xo

No comments: