Saturday, April 18, 2009

I Love Winter!!!


As the days get shorter and colder I find myself out and about more. I do so love Winter!! I cant get enough of the snuggly scarves, the big warm jackets, seeing your breath and of course, HOT CHOCOLATE!!!
Here are a couple of my seasonal faves to help you keep warm in the coming winter months. Inside and out!



Hot chocolate in a Hug Mug at Max Brenner Chocolate Bar $5.50


The first time I tasted the delicious hot chocolate milks at
Max Brenner Chocolate Bar I think I died a little. What started off as coffee with Penny, Mister and Toshi turned into a bonding session about dogs, love and chocolate. My first love of Winter is Chocolate. And the first person I go to will always be Max Brenner. Yum.



PeterAlexander Tartan Home Boot $99

When I fist saw these I gasped. Tartan uggies? WTF? But then I tried them on. BAM LAY-BY!! I needed a new pair anyway.. Right? Right. So On lay-by they went.. Not 6 foot out of the store I decided I couldnt leave without them. I turned back and got them straight away. Shortest lay-by in history. I keep trying to make excuses to wear them where ever I go. I love love love them. Warm, snug and oh so cute on! I recommend ANY home boots that Mister P. Alexander throws our way.
In store or at www.peteralexander.com.au



PeterAlexander Signature Rose Wide PJ Pant $45

I love nothing more than lounging around the house with my hot water bottle strapped to my belly and these babies on. The fabric caught my eye the second I set foot in the store. They're comfy and perfect for those cold winter nights. Also they don't wrap themselves around your legs in bed like most jammie pants. They come in a variety of prints (this was my fave) and aren't even that expensive! Get into them. You know you want to.
In store or at www.peteralexander.com.au




Marian Keyes - Further Under the Duvet. $23 Boarders

This book is great to read when you're bundled up with a hot chocolate in front of the heater. A collection of journalism pieces written by a lovely Irish Woman you wont forget any time soon. You'll laugh at her tales of getting thrown out of Mui Mui, you'll cry over the heartwarming story of the Russian orphaniage. You'll turn green with envy as she tries and tests free cosmetics from the best of the couture cosmetic companies. I give this book 5 gold stars. Truly great Winter read. I do recommend.


Hobbies! (Mostly Cheap)

Hobbies are great, but some are less sutable for winter than others. My new Winter hobby is knitting! Its actually fun when you get the hang of it. And think of all the scarves you'll have! I am currently working on jumpers for my puppies.
Wish me luck!



Witchery Felicity Peep-toe lace up heel $189

This shoe turned out to be surprisingly well made for a brand like this. Though I must say this is the first time I have bought anything from Witchery, so I cant really comment on their quality. Its comfey and sturdy, though the tip of the heel could be covered better, the metal of the heel has come through (could also be due to excessive wear, hence tear) . Still I cant stop wearing them! Love Love all the way! And so good for that baroque look I love so very much.



Baroque-gothic-indie-esque layered outfits.
I took these looks from Uma's Style Diary. I think they're great! (Also I want to know what program that is to make these outfits, and where I can get it!) I chose a couple of my favorites to show you what style I'm wearing. I'm loving the baroque-gothic-indie-esque layered look right now. Lots of grays, creams, blacks and browns. Lest we forget beautifully structured jackets that you would never have thought wearable before. Mix it up with Skinny jeans or tights along with some cute heels (loving this look with the above mentioned peep-toe) or an awesome pair of boots and throw in a grungy waist belt and voila! Not to mention one of the best things about this look is that you can find pieces anywhere to emphasize your unique sence of style. Op-shops and vintage stores are a good place to start. Some of the trendier main stream stores are beginning to sell it too! You could even do what I did and Make your own stuff! It doesnt have to be perfect, as long as you keep it dark and original, I made an awesome 3/4 sleve jacket with a large neck line so I could rock the massive scarves! Don't forget, you can mix it up a little too! Throw in something you wouldent usually think to see on someone wearing this stuff. I myself tend to wear a pink rose in my hair (which is ruby red) to add another dash of color. That along with my FABULOUS hot pink D&G glasses and you have all the apropriate shades of pink thrown into an otherwise monochrome look.



Enjoy your Winter ladies!

xo-xo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love winter too, the style of clothing around is much more fun, and im pretty sure ive seen most of these items around already :O :D