Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tired.


It feels like I'm back where I started. Sick. I remember first moving to Melbourne. I got the flu so bad I couldn't leave my friends couch for 4 days. Now I'm back in bed, sick as a dog. Box of tissues next to me. Mister being my nursemaid and Penny following him like his little assistant. Maybe I just wore myself out. I don't know. I went and got some reflexology then wore high heels straight after. That could be it too.

Either way. I am so so tired.

We all get worn out sometimes. And it makes us stop to think, what are we doing? What has my lifestyle become that I am so tired?

I am a strong believer in treating your body right. After all what would we be without it? I have scraped myself off my bed to write you lovely ladies some remedies to keep yourself from getting like this, or if you're already in this poor a state. *blows nose* Enjoy.

☆ Doctor

We aren't men. We visit our doctors loudly and proudly. Book a consult with a GP today. Or you could try a natropath for natural approach.

☆ Massage, Acupuncture, Cupping etc

They have them everywhere. On the go massage parlors. They're great! Stop by on your lunch break and get a 15 min massage with your smoothie. Its bliss to be able to take some time out of a frustrating busy day to gather your thoughts and get a back rub to the sound of water trickling and birds in a rain forest.

☆ Aromatherapy

Just drop in to a candle store and pick up a delicious smelling one. Make sure you spend a bit extra, the cheap ones don't emit nearly enough smell to relax your frazzled nerves. I love anything caramel or lily scented. Light a candle, pop in your headphones with your most relaxing play list and run yourself a nice bath. You could go one extra and add some smelly delights to it too! Rose petals, chamomile tea bags, maybe your boyfriend can join you?

☆ Jog, Gym, Vigorous Make-out Sessions any of these work!

I usually loathe physical exercise. But my housemate has gotten me into going to the gym. After 15 mins on the treadmill at speed number 13 or whatever, I start to feel it! The 'rush' all those gym-junkies talk about. I felt alive! My blood was pumping! Wow what a rush!

REMEMBER: Wear the correct shoes, running shoes are made for running. I made a terrible mistake of wearing sneakers on a jog once and couldn't walk right for a week!

Clean up!

Mister got me onto this one and it really does work! He helped me clean my room the other day after my IKEA solo shop (hurts, I learnt to ALWAYS bring a man..) But a fresh pair of sheets, a sweep and a sort through old clothes can help refresh you.

☆ Sleep

Are you getting enough? Make sure you get at least 6 hours a night and have breakfast before you leave for work in the morning. A good snooze and brecky can have you bright eyed and bushy tailed for the day ahead. Instead of snacking on chips and Pepsi at work, swap it for fresh fruit and water. Add some lemon juice to your water for some extra cleansing power.

☆ Spend Saturday at home

Rent a few DVD's, pull up a duvet, grab the popcorn and loganberry juice! (stupid IKEA and their awesome juice..) Curl up with your bestie and just veg and relax. Buy some facepacks and put your feet in a tub of warm water. Why not pick a theme? Nothing better than a Marilyn Monroe Marathon and a good soak!

☆ Red wine and chocolate

Nuff said. Though there is such thing as 'too much of a good thing'. Don't become a drunk chocoholic...

☆ Yoga, Palliates and Tai-Chi

Wake up 15 minutes earlier and have a good stretch. Put on some relaxing music and greet the sun before you tuck into your fruit and yogurt!

☆ Avoid wheat and sugar!

Try this for up to a month, it'll let your body relax and recuperate after so much damage done by those two nasty foods. Drink unsweetened juices, opt for soy and gluten free foods.

☆ Don't worry, be happy!

Unless you are President Obama, you wont be making and honest to God life or death decisions. If you get super stressed at work, excuse yourself for 5 minuets and breathe. Drink a glass of water and sip it slowly, breathing in and out. Relax. You'll be okay.

After you do this return with a fresh mind and make better decisions. You cant rush some things. And we all know anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Breathe Easy Girls.

xo-xo

No comments: